Information Technologies (IT) provides the Thunderbird community with extensive technology resources.
- My Thunderbird - Thunderbird's intranet serves alumni, corporate friends, faculty, guests, staff, students and recruiters. This cutting-edge Web presence extends the School's communication abilities through online discussions and live chats, online course pages to supplement the on- and off-campus student experiences, student job search tools, as well as resources for recruiters.
- Google hosted lifetime email for students and alumni.
- Access to Online IBIC Databases - These powerful research tools are available from anywhere in the world for staff, faculty and current degree-seeking students.
- Dorm Rooms - Each equipped with high-speed wired and wireless Internet/network access.
- 360+ High-Speed Internet/Network Access Ports - Publicly available around campus in the IBIC, Tower CafÃ©, Lincoln Computer Center, throughout Snell, and the campus Commons.
- Wireless network access - Wifi access to the campus network and the Internet is available in most public areas around campus, including the IBIC, Commons, Tower, CMC, Yount classrooms, and the Lincoln Computer Center.
- Video Conferencing Capabilities - This system enables two-way broadcasts between faculty and student groups, seamlessly incorporating presentation visuals including PowerPoint, overhead projector slides, videos, and Chroma Key. These synchronous (real-time) classes and sessions are employed regularly for degree programs and student first-time interviews.
- E-Learning - Our Thunderbird Learning Environment platform is utilized to deliver select learning programs that appeal to both degree-seeking students and Executive Education participants. Additionally, this platform can be used as standalone or as a blended component of a larger learning program. TLE combines engaging presentation, interactive exercises and team collaboration in a structured learning environment.
- Xerox Document Source - For all printing and copying needs.
Additionally, IT is responsible for:
- Overseeing all campus information and database functions.
- Developing and maintaining My Thunderbird and the Thunderbird Learning Environment platform.
- Providing a customer-service organization, including technical support through the Student and Faculty/Staff Help Desks, computer technicians, audio-visual services, and software support.
- Assisting Thunderbird faculty members in the implementation of technology in support of learning and teaching, presentation development, editorial services, and instructional design.
- Establishing our Thunderbird Learning Environment platform in order to deliver e-learning programs. The capability to deliver Thunderbird's high-quality programs in a structured e-learning environment is exercised to offer blended experiences through our global campuses, as well as to bring Thunderbird resources online to executives around the world.